Search this Blog for anything you thought you might have seen here.

Saturday, July 05, 2008

Awards!

I have been away in England for a coupla weeks that's why there has been no activity on this blog.
But while my back was turned I have been nominated for two awards so my head is swelling rapidly.
I was tagged by Carol to tell some unimportant things about myself..but...there is absolutely nothing unimportant about me!!! so that's a tricky one and anyway I have been tagged before way back in the annals of this blog....well I'll think about it... thanks Carol anyway.

Ok, well some unimportant things then,

1. We once had a chamaeleon that broke it's arm so we made a splint out of 2 matchstick bits but it didn't heal well, tried again with 2 pieces of aluminium bent into an L shape and the arm healed a treat.

Am I the first tatter to put a splint on a chamaeleon!!!!!!!!!! Do I got an award for that??? The Chamaeleon was pretty pleased!

2. My Car is the most divine purply blue called Lapis Lazuli, it makes me feel happy every time I get into it.

3. My eyes are blue and if I am not careful all my clothes would be blue, I have to make a real effort not to pick blue.

4.Even the tubs in my front garden are blue and co-ordinate with my car.

5. My first pair of good spectacles at 17 were turquoise blue, I wore them for 10 years, I look back at them in horror!

Everyone I know has already been tagged so I think I will pass on that.

But this is the BIGGY!!
I have been nominated by Carol for the Arte y pico Award and also by Laura.
I am so chuffed!



Arte y pico Awards originate in Spain and are given to blogs for their creativity, design, interesting material, and in recognition of their contribution to the blogger community. Cool or what!

The Rules are

1) You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award, creativity, design, interesting material, and also contribuites to the blogger community, no matter of language.

2) Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.

3) Each award-winning, has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the ward itself.

4) Award-winning and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of "Arte y pico"blog , so everyone will know the origin of this award.

5) To show these rules.

I use google reader to manage my favorite blogs and have 57 in my list and now I am expected to choose my 5 favorites!! Impossible I love 'em all.
These then must the ones I look at first when I have been away and come back to find dozens of blog updates.
So for their entertainment value, tatting content and ability to pick me up if I am feeling low I nominate...yes I know many have been nominated before but that just goes to show how good they are!!

Laura Laura's Tatting Muse
Jane Tatting and nothing much else
Sherry Tatting Tales ~ All things Tatting (It's an obsession)
Gina Threads of a Tatting Goddess
Sharon 25 Motif Challenge
and an extra one! for good luck!
TattingChic
Please note that these favorites are frequently exchanged for other favorites, nobody must feel left out! Why do you keep making me choose. All 57 are fab' or I wouldn't have them in my Google Reader.

4 comments:

  1. So, we can safely assume that anything we wanted to make or buy for you should be blue? LOL
    Congratulations on the award. You deserve it. Thanks for naming me again. I am honored to be among the ones you read and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep finding that if TattyCat comments before I do I have to be careful or I'll quote her exactly! LOL! Great minds think alike, right? LOL... anyway, congrats on the award you deserve it. I am honored you would pick me. I'll add your name next to "pink purl's" on my blog. You're a sweetie. I hope your little reptile's arm heals quickly and soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You deserve the awards and I am glad to see you back. I love your blog...and I've missed your posts!

    Oh...and thank you much for the mention.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nah, Tattycat the medication I take for my blue colour addiction works pretty well, well most of the time.

    So I love all colours and anyway stuff wouldn't show up against the blue wall of my craft room....ooops!

    TattingChic...I love your comments, as for the poor chamealeon that was in another lifetime almost 40 years ago in Africa and he lived a long and happy life. We really were arm setting pioneers.

    Thanks LadyShuttlemaker..watch out for the saga of the green elephant!
    when I get time. Long posts take a long time to produce.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments they keep me blogging.
Every comment is much appreciated, but please try not to use my real name in a comment or on your blog. Tatskool is my on line name and one that I really like. Thanks.