Search this Blog for anything you thought you might have seen here.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Tat It And See Day 10 The end.

Well here he is the finished tat and he IS A HIPPO!! My guess was correct, that solid body and short legs with feet so characteristic of the Artiodactyls (even toed hoofed mammals). Jane studies her animals well and has a great eye for anatomy. She must have been a zoologist in an earlier life!




This last bit didn't go easily for me as I split the thread putting on the bead (which was also much too big), and had a dreadful job extricating myself from a complete disaster.

This has been such a lot of fun, thanks Jane for days of agonising anticipation filling my brain with possible outcomes. I do hope she and others will do this again. It is so cool to see so many tatters tatting animals..my all time favorites.

With Jane's permission I have been fiddling with the pattern just a teeny bit, so expect to see more hippos coming soon to a blog near you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments they keep me blogging.
Every comment is much appreciated, but please try not to use my real name in a comment or on your blog. Tatskool is my on line name and one that I really like. Thanks.