Search this Blog for anything you thought you might have seen here.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter Eggstravaganza 2!

The second design the the book Tatted Easter Eggs by Kirsten Wind Hansen is very much like the first one.The difference being the addition of an extra ring at the base of the egg and josephine knots all around the edge. 
Great practise doing josephine knots. I prefer to use the second half stitch for these and to pass the shuttle around the thread after every  five half knots.
First trial looks like this ....

I must admit that the additional ring at the bottom really foxed me! Try as I might to remember to make it after I had tatted the one above  I forgot and on the second attempt I still forgot! So the ring is stitched on with fine thread.
For my second one I was dying to use my new batch of Raspberry Ripple with Vanilla...
 This one does look prettier in real life....hard to capture. this one is tatted in size 30.
I did stiffen and shape these...
This shows the colours much better.
Thank you so much to those who took the trouble to give their opinion on whether to shape the eggs or not. I tend to agree that they would look better flat hanging on the tree and have flattened my no 1 eggs.
Funnily enough when I asked my tatting lassies for their opinion every one said 'shape them' and are going to shape theirs.
In size 20 they take about 3.75m on each shuttle.

3 comments:

  1. Those are lovely. I hope you take a picture of your Easter tree and share it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! Those are so kool! I really should pull that book off the shelf, but right now I'm in the middle of a blizzard. Yes, I'm still in snowflake mode. Spring has not hit my mental state yet. Please keep posting these eggs... maybe my tatting attitude will thaw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes JB i will but life got in the way.
    Hi Diane Still in Snowflake mode...hope spring will be with you soon, very soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments they keep me blogging.
Every comment is much appreciated, but please try not to use my real name in a comment or on your blog. Tatskool is my on line name and one that I really like. Thanks.