Tuesday, February 22, 2011
I first saw Gina Brummett's Gingerbread Boy in 2005
there was nothing in my thread stash that would do it justice...so I archived it in my 'to do' list...which get longer every day.
A good selection of browns was urgent if I wanted to tat all the animals on my list.
it had to wait.
I finally got my act together and dyed the ChocoMango series of thread that I showed you before Christmas.
First as I always do I tried the pattern out using one of my 'boring' threads, just to see how do-able he was and of course how much thread he took(essential for me).
Gina's pattern is good but written in a rather long winded style and without a good diagram.
I know that she is going to update it when she gets time....but she needs encouragement as this is a good design.
I enlarged the small image to fill a sheet of paper in the hope that it would help.....and it did.
Sometimes it was hard to figure out what joined to where and I did make mistakes! as you will see.
I would love to see it re written with a series of diagrams and then it would be easy peasy.
My second attempt was to have been my dream Gingerbread boy,in my dream Gingerbread thread, but he had a bit of an accident in the oven..well that's my story and he came out a little disfigured! poor little chap..he will find it hard to run away!
In truth I just didn't join his legs in the right place.
So on to number 3,
this time I used a solid colour...my cinnamon HDT for the body with the Gingerbread thread for the body outline.
He is a little beauty, thanks Gina for a great design, I just love the white icing, he is good enough to eat. This time tho' I maybe brought the icing in too tight under his chin, what do you think.