Search this Blog for anything you thought you might have seen here.

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

You gotta see this!!

Isn't it the most wonderful thing when someone make something spectacular with something you have made!

Well you have just got to see what Mimi Dillman made with Rainbow Bright.



Isn't that just stunning.

The design is by Elisadusud and is here

Woweee! what a difference the colour makes.

It is amazing that she tatted this back in mid April at about the same time I guess as Yarnplayer tatted her Stained glass effect piece in black and her HDT Roses. Great minds are obviously thinking alike.

Mimi said...

I think the Rainbow Bright worked so well in this motif because of the short-ish color changes and the lovely bright colors that worked with the black to look very stained-glass rose-window-ish-y (how's that for a technical term??). The short color changes made it possible for 2 colors to show up in the leaves, and for each leaf to be different.

I wish I could do those clunies, I would certainly be doing this one.

I am very busy with my summer exam supervising but hope to show you my new threads soon.

6 comments:

  1. It does look lovely! Mimi Dillman is such a fabulous cluny maker as is Elisadud! I just LOVE her cluny patterns!

    I can see why you were so excited. Thanks for sharing!

    Mimi needs to get herself a blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It is stunning. I wish my clunies looked like those. They are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's pretty! look at those colours and clunies! i tried but clunies really don't work for me... sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! WOW! WOW! That's all I can say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stunning! I don't aspire to weaving clunies, I prefer to admire them when they are made by other people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous! I love Elisadud's work and it is wonderful in your thread- which I have! Now, to get my clunies up to par so I can do this pattern justice! Fox : ))

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments they keep me blogging.
Every comment is much appreciated, but please try not to use my real name in a comment or on your blog. Tatskool is my on line name and one that I really like. Thanks.