Search this Blog for anything you thought you might have seen here.

Sunday, December 06, 2009

Dec 5th...again and a new thread!

I promised you another December 5th snowflake.....so here it is...




This is tatted in size 40 of my brand new thread Vanilla Sky. I have been working on this colourway for so long...for months..that I am glad to say that I am finally more or less satisfied that I have achieved what I wanted.

It all started when my good friend Sandra sent me some photos that she had taken with her mobile phone during a holiday. Great photos for a mobile phone.



It's a very soft and gentle colourway, going from mid Indigo, to pale pink to vanilla. I intended having a hint of gold on the sky line but finally decided not to go with that.

Here are two pieces that I tatted with it while it was in it's test stages, months ago.They have much more vanilla and less indigo to pink gradation than the finished thread.






Dec 6th snowflake delayed.....coming tomorrow!

11 comments:

  1. Darn it, I was just vowing to not buy any more HDT till I make some headway on my current stash. Now I'll have to have some of this. I'm a sucker for anything with shades of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I remember you showing me this picture in August. The HDT has really turned out well, very gentle and relaxing, just right for snowflakes. All of which have been so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new color! I guess I'm just going to have to buy some!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Pamela!! Beautiful Colorway!
    You did a fantastic job of getting the colors from the photo and your tatted heart and spinning mat look great in this colorway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such a gifted, talented person, Pamela - to be able to look at colours in a picture, and to capture them in thread. It's so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, WOW! Pamela I just ♥ Vanilla Sky! What an absolutely gorgeous colorway! It's so peaceful and evokes a soft beauty in a gentle manner. Well done! It gives all those patterns a soft "feeling" as well! I've seen those patterns done a million times on the blogs and they look new in that thread! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Vanilla Sky thread is so beautiful! I think it is my favorite so far. I hope to order some hdt after the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been waiting for Vanilla Sky...ooh, ooh....must buy some. Be prepared for a buying frenzy! Cuz this colorway is gonna go fast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Miranda.....sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrry for tempting you.
    Hi Sally, yup this one took forever to get right...if it is right yet! still fiddling with it.

    Hi Diane, hope you likey!

    Hi Carol,it was fun trying to match the photo. I can hold the thread up against the screen now and see that it does look the same.

    Hi Maureen, keep those compliments going....even if they are not really merited.

    Hi Chic, that's the way it was meant to be, glad it worked.

    Hi Paula, hope you will like it too.

    Hi IsDihara, you were so right, I didn't expect it. Hope you will like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vanilla Sky looks just like your friend's photo, your an artist in more ways then one.

    Beautiful tatting, Pamela. I'm really enjoying catching up with you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Bonnie, What a lovely compliment.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments they keep me blogging.
Every comment is much appreciated, but please try not to use my real name in a comment or on your blog. Tatskool is my on line name and one that I really like. Thanks.