Search this Blog for anything you thought you might have seen here.

Friday, September 04, 2009

The postman came!

When I got home from the dentist...ouch! what was waiting for me in my porch but Jon's book....yipee!



If you haven't seen or heard about this book yet I have to tell you that it's a little cracker. The designs are so unusual, it must have taken her ages to come up with the ideas. They all have the most beautiful names too.
Jon and I are having a little swap of her book for my thread and I am over the moon that she agreed to my suggestion. Hope she will be too.

But, but, but that's not all that she sent......attached to the front of the book was a little plastic bag.......... and inside the bag was the most beautiful pair of tatted earrings that I have ever seen.....and they were even tatted in my very own Coral Reef thread...now how cool is that!!



Well I had my tatting friends coming over the next day so I showed them the book and the earrings. They had already had a glimpse of the book and had wanted me to order it for them without knowing any more details. They all have Jon's Snowflake book and so knew how good this one was going to be.

Now they want to know why their copies haven't come too!! So Jon has 5 more orders to fulfill!!

The earrings look much nicer in real life and I will wear them to the Lace Guild meeting tomorrow.

Thank you Jon you made me one happy bunny.

7 comments:

  1. those earrings are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Durn it, now I'm gonna have to get that book. Because I NEED another book of tatting patterns. Don't we all?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Gina, they are really swanky They showed tatting in anew light at the Lace Guild!

    Yup Miranda you NEED this book....and everyone else!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, can't decide if I admire the design more or the thread colour more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They looks so pretty in your lovely colors! :)

    ~TattingChic ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, what a marvelous way to perk up your day after a visit to the dentist. Jon's books, just like Jon, are truly inspirations. And they show off your thread to perfection!

    Enjoy your gifts and feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Singtatter, design first, colour second...now I am thinking what would they look like in another colour!!

    Hi Chic, well anything looks nice in my colours!!! tongue in cheek!

    Hi Isdihara, when I was little my mum always took me to an ice cream parlour after the dentist....just about the worst thing a mum could do! but boy was that ice cream good. It was a real ice cream parlour making it's own icecream the only one I have ever known.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments they keep me blogging.
Every comment is much appreciated, but please try not to use my real name in a comment or on your blog. Tatskool is my on line name and one that I really like. Thanks.