Search this Blog for anything you thought you might have seen here.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The day that's in it!!

Top of the morning to you all!!

Happy St Patrick's day from the Emerald Isle.

The day has come too soon, I haven't even got out my huge stash of necklaces from the States, but I am wearing green...sort of!

I won't be doing my necklace throwing fun bit with the Brownies until friday...by then I will be in the mood!

My shamrock tatting.....oh and I do have a 4 leaf clover that I found in the grass when I was at school...I keep it safe in a tiny box...I would scan it and show it to you if I could remember where it is!!!

Ha!! I found it safe and sound...genuine English 4 leaf clover..remind me to put it back where I found it!! It must be 50 years old...wonder how long the luck lasts!!!
gosh nearly broke it trying to slide the lid back on..that would never do.



Ok so you want to see green tatting and so you shall.

I tatted Karey Solomon's Clover Fan Bookmark from her publication Tatting Times.
It uses lock chains, and is very unusual.



Also tatted Ellen Lai's Lucky 4 leaf Clover Bookmark



Lots of dimpled rings.

See ya tomorrow.

Oh and by the way, Fergal has heard from Brendan....go see the leprechauns blog!!

6 comments:

  1. Necklace throwing??? Should I ask?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what I do every year!!

    http://tats-kool.blogspot.com/2007/03/happy-st-patricks-day.html

    it's the best fun ever.
    Sorry Maureen I should have explained.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy St. Patrick's Day to you! Thank you for the card... it put a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy St. Patrick's Day Pamela!! Wow, I can't believe you found a real 4 leaf clover. When I was little we would sit for hours on end looking for one. We never did find one. LOL! But it did keep us busy. That's a really cool Clover Fan Bookmark. What is the publication date on Karey's book. I use to get Tatting Times. Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That 4 leaf clover is precious. My mother used to find them all the time and press them in her Bible. I'm sure they are still here - somewhere. The bookmarks are pretty. I especially like the first one. Hope you had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Diane, nice to have made you smile.

    Carol and Tattycat I am sure you can imagine the hours of searching during boring school lunch hours, while we sat on the grass. I think we found a few, must have been one plant.

    The Clover fan bookmark is in the latest Tatting Times, feb.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments they keep me blogging.
Every comment is much appreciated, but please try not to use my real name in a comment or on your blog. Tatskool is my on line name and one that I really like. Thanks.