Search this Blog for anything you thought you might have seen here.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Bookmarks are springing up!

I have had Julie Patterson's pattern for her Spring Flowers bookmark for a long time, but it wasn't until I saw Christina's working of it on her blog (sorry I can't find the link), that I was inspired to try it.

It was so worth doing....

My first one was in Flora 20 in bright, bright green and lilac, and then one in one of my early HDT trials Lavender and yellow.



It turned out to be addictive seriously addictive. One of those things that makes me think...what would it look like in these colours and with a different tail.

I like this pattern a lot..probably because of it not having picots..it has a lovely clean crispness about it and it's very easy to do once you get the right tension. Make sure to make picots that are not to small between the petals of the flowers so that the flowers lie flat.

So I rummaged through my colours....little bits that were not long enough for a big project ...and what did I find but lots of short lengths of Rainbow Bright!!

Now I swear that after my marathon tat with this colour for all of Jon's snowflakes before Christmas...I said that I never wanted to see Rainbow Bright again!!!

But I was wrong....this colour never ceases to amaze me!!



Just look at the way the flower colours on the two sides of the stem repeat themselves, no matter where I start. And so I was hooked again!!
Here you see different greens, flora and Rainbow Bright solid green and different tails featuring, spirals and lock chains. Click on the picture to see the detail.

So didn't I have to go out into the dyeing studio and dye lots more Rainbow thread...so it's official



is back!!

This time I have dyed it in sizes 20,40,60,80 and even 100 to suit even the finest tatters....and a few solid colours too, 'cos I love them

Now I am going to go and do lots more tatting!!!! lots!

7 comments:

  1. I also have this pattern... looks like one I should do soon! I love it in Rainbow Bright!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Your colors are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Your colors are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, the rainbow colours really make the pattern very interesting. nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello again! I just stopped back over to say:
    Hope you stop on by for my 1st Blogoversary/100th post celebration! I'm even having a giveaway! Do come on over! Everyone is invited!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all, Rainbow seems to suit almost any pattern and bring it to life.
    Thanks for the invitation to your party Chic, I didn't want to be the first there..usually am, I have to make an effort to be late and even then i am the first there!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments they keep me blogging.
Every comment is much appreciated, but please try not to use my real name in a comment or on your blog. Tatskool is my on line name and one that I really like. Thanks.